2. Today you didn’t answer all of your child’s questions with a monotone not-really-listening-‘I don’t know.’
3. You feed your child. Maybe it was only MacDonald’s because you couldn’t be bothered cooking but the point is that you still feed them.
4. You gave them boundaries and discipline when they needed it. Do you really want to raise them to not respect authority and have them dealt to as adults in a worse way than what you did today?
5. You went to work to have a break and it helped you miss them.
6. You let The Wiggles, Barney, Peppa Pig, Ben 10, Batman, Spiderman or other TV rubbish babysit them for more than an hour. You needed the time out and they enjoyed it.
7. To avoid causing them embarrassment you resisted giving them a hug or a kiss and yelling out ‘I love you’ when you dropped them off at school today.
8. You said a swear word and successfully covered it up when your kids pulled you up on it. A white lie never hurts.
9. You read them a bedtime story even though you’d rather be reading about Mr Grey than Hairy Maclary and his escapades.
10. They frustrate you to the point of madness but you still love them unconditionally and can’t imagine life without them.